Thursday, October 2, 2008

Remembering aunt Liz




In mid-September, Portland held its annual Koman Race for the Cure. I participated again in memory of my Aunt Liz who past away from cancer in 2006. Liz was an amazing woman! She was fun to be around, always had an opinion and would let you know what was on her mind! She shared Eric and my love for Garth Brooks and my favorite memory of her was rockin’ out to with her and Eric to Garth Brook’s live in Central Park DVD. She was a strong and courageous woman just like all of the women who were celebrated that day. It was very moving to see so many people whose lives are touched by this disease.
I ran my butt off and Liz was definitely helping me. I ran my fastest 5K time in a couple of years and came in 44th overall-not bad for thousands of runners!

No comments: