Monday, October 27, 2008

Great Columbia Crossing


In October, our friend Jenn and her boyfriend Chris came down from Seattle to do a run with Eric and me in Astoria. Eric's fraternity brother Jeff Scoggins passed away last October after being hit by a car. Jeff was born and raised in Astoria. We thought that this would be nice to do the run in honor of Jeff. It was a tough 10K course that started at the Washington side of the Astoria bridge and finished in Astoria. Eric was nice and stayed back with me the whole way as I panted up to the top of the bridge. The incline was nearly unbearable but we made it! Jenn even finished 2nd in our age bracket and I finished 5th. I attribute it to the pre-race Blizzards at DQ the night before! It was really nice of Jenn and Chris to make the trip and it was good to see Jeff's parents.

After the race, we headed to our favorite breakfast place in Seaside, Bagels by the Sea. We gobbled down eggle bagels and coffee guilt free!

No comments: