Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Finally-graduation!












Wow-I can't believe that it has happened! It has been years in the making. First, taking night classes at PCC after working 8 hours at Regence. Then condensed summer classes to get A's in chemistry. Finally, two grueling years of hygiene school. It is official-I am a dental hygienist!

Graduation was in mid August. It was a beautiful ceremony on the lawn of the main campus of Pacific University in Forest Grove. In one hour, my 28 fellow students and I were transformed from hygiene students to official graduates with a bachelor's degree in dental hygiene. I thought that this might be a sad time for me but shockingly-I was so happy to be done that I couldn't even shed a tear!
After some quick photos with friends, we headed to Milos' for a celebration brunch with the whole family including Mike and Linda who had come up from Eugene. It was a long journey and I am glad that it is finally over!

No comments: